Page 1 of 3
Dually Audio/Interior \  over head console

over head console

Dually Audio/Interior Dually Tech
views 3089
replies 22
following 10

tuckin22   +1y
was there an overhead console for these trucks?
and if mine doesnt have one are the brackets still in the roof so that way i can?
and does anyone have one the can sell me or give to me (haha)?
preferably the tan or neutral color.

my truck is a 1998 chevrolet crewcab

thanks
Robert
someotherguy   +1y
Hey Robert,

The trucks could be bought with an overhead console, but it's really rare. It's the same one used on the Suburbans, except it will have a cover plate over the front where a Suburban's rear A/C switch would be mounted.

Here's a tan one in a truck I'm trying to buy but the dude is slow-f'in me on the delivery:

Believe it or not that overhead console and compass mirror are in a '94 ext cab, really rare. It'll be interesting to decode the SPID label and see if it tells me anything about if these parts were original, someone may have just added them from another truck.

Now whether or not you've got the bracket behind the headliner for it to attach to, dunno. I'll probably know better once I pull the headliner down in my '98 crew, or one of these other trucks.

Richard
tuckin22   +1y
cool
anyone else do this or have one?
huskerdually   +1y
I got one and the bracket out of suburban for mine, but it's the classic squarebody, so is of no help to you.

But I don't know why you couldn't do the same. Just make a panel to delete the rear heat/ac controls.
bdydrped   +1y
those consoles werent offered till the dash change in 95...
as factory

you can put them in without much problem if yours doenst have the bracektry(sp) in your crewcab, the roof is double walled with a space inbetween at the mounting points.... just be sure to use short screws as to not go through the outter roof skin.

best place is a junkyard, i picked up an extra one for my xcab a few years ago to meess with fibergalssin in a guage and some other crap. think i paid 20 bucks for it.
tuckin22   +1y
cool man thanks
i will have to check the yards
someotherguy   +1y

Do you mean in the trucks? The Suburbans have had them since they started in the shitbox body style, '92.

Richard
bdydrped   +1y
the one pictured is 95 up... which wasnt offered till then in the trucks( x-cab or crew)... the92-94 subs did have them but they didnt look like that one pictured above , and since his is a 98 thats what i assumed the style was we were talkin about.
tuckin22   +1y
yes you are right i want the newer one like pictured
someotherguy   +1y

You 100% on that? I've got two '92 Suburbans here with that same console (except of course has rear A/C fan switch where that cover plate is) and had a '94 Suburban with the same console. All factory. Are you saying there's some significant difference or is it something I'm overlooking?

Richard