threads
Page 1 of 5
Dually Audio/Interior \  Sub box for under rear bench seat?

Sub box for under rear bench seat?

Dually Audio/Interior Dually Tech
views 9436
replies 49
following 14

okcderek   +1y
Does anyone know of a company where I can get a box to hold either a 10 or two 10s to go under rear bench seat? I found one prefab box..but its for behind the seat, not what I am looking for.
lockone   +1y
You have to get one for an Ext. Cab truck because all of the Crew Cab boxes are designed to go behind the seats.

I sale some from Audio Enhancers but dont know a price off the top of my head. If you are interested let me know and I can call for a price.
billy t.   +1y
does the ext cab box fit under the seat in a crew cab?

I have been putting off making a box for way way way too long... be nice to just go buy one...
lockone   +1y
Yes they should fit.
krewzlo   +1y
I tried one awhile back and it doesn't even come close to fitting. THe ext seat sits higher that the crew seat does. Atleast on the c/k series. On the crews there isn't even really enough room for the subs let alone a box too. There just isn't the height for them. I ended up putting 2 tens behind the seat which is still tight but you just have to have subs that aren't very deep, or slide the seat ahead. My old JL w1's which aren't deep at all still hit the seat when turned up and made funny noises.
seductiveconcepts   +1y
You could always try fiberglassing a box, just make sure it is DAMN thick, just put an mdf ring in it to mount your subs to...we have done several in spare tirewells, simple as pie, with a completely custom subbox sitting on top!
liljlowrider   +1y

mine made the same funny noise.. i just put them gay speaker grills over them and that stoped that noise
krewzlo   +1y
Now I am cutting the back wall and puttin 4 12" Alpine type r's with a couple of infinity amps in the front of the bed. Just couldn't deal with the tens no more even though I kept them clean.
onefasthoagie   +1y

haha wait till i post up some pics of my solution to this problem, perhaps i shall take some tomarrow....
liljlowrider   +1y
yea please do!!!