Page 2 of 3
Dually Audio/Interior \  Diamond Plate Aluminum Door Panel Inserts

Diamond Plate Aluminum Door Panel Inserts

Dually Audio/Interior Dually Tech
views 7361
replies 27
following 14

huskerdually   +1y

Its called machine turning or engine turning I think. Old school. My dash in my 81 firebird was like that.
jcampbell1180   +1y

Careful Dude, your mullet is showing.
huskerdually   +1y
Hey now I never had a mullet.

Well not a very good one anyway.
huskerdually   +1y
Here bodydrp, I know this company does colors to. I seen an infomertial time thing on them once. It looks like the website needs updated.

bdydrped   +1y
yea like that.... but i do mine non-patterned more "crazy" if you will just gives it a lil different look. i did a couple of panels for the shop for some wall art
link   +1y

Hey those Swirly's do you make them with a grinding blade or a softer blade???
bdydrped   +1y
i use a green rol-loc disc on an angle grinder,

or you can use a flapperdisc on like a 4" grinder but i dont like that casue i cant make it look as consistant

or you can use a DA(if you can lock it so itworks like a grinder) with some rough grit snadpaper

just depends what tools ya got.
guilty by design   +1y
IMO you have to be careful with diamondplate or its real easy to make things look gaudy.
jcampbell1180   +1y
^^^True^^^
aramp1   +1y
Well, I've got one door done...kind of. I'm eventually going to re-die it black, but for the most part, it's together and working really well. I covered the outer door panel and the inner door panel with B-Quiet Ultimate. Man, what a difference it made. There is a noticable difference in road noise and I've only done one door. I can't wait to hear the silence with the whole interior done. Anyway, here are a few pics of the process. It might be a little diamond plate overload for some of yous guys, but it's all good. Only 3 more doors to go.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo