threads
Page 1 of 2
Dually Audio/Interior \  time to quite down the road noise......

time to quite down the road noise......

Dually Audio/Interior Dually Tech
views 2784
replies 17
following 10

balcar   +1y
Well, i was about to go and see about getting some dynamat for doing the interior instead of going back with the stock foam crap, I heard a while back about some heat shielding stuff that should be put down first on firewalls and stuff. Anyone heard of that before?
aa taco chris   +1y
yes sir... here you go

balcar   +1y
Have you used this stuff? Looks cool, wonder if i could put it under hte dynamat. i'll email them. Thanks!
bdydrped   +1y
liex that bitch... thats what i did with mine.
low95xlt   +1y
use undercoating for like wheel wells of cars and shiat i have done that and it helps
pig rig   +1y
lien X every thing it will last longer then under coating and it can be cheeper then dynamat
balcar   +1y
undercoating smells in the texas heat... hmmmm, hmmm, wonder how linex is compaired to the dynamat, i'll see if I can find a hookup here in town.
aa taco chris   +1y

yeaa I wouldn't use undercoat, that stuff never dries... we have that problem with it at the body shop.

Linex would work, but is quite a bit more involved and will take a ton of masking/prepping to get right. You may also have a hard time in finding a shop to spray the inside of the cab with it... if you go with dynamat and the heat roll I would put the dynamat down on the floors first, then the heat insulate over it, then carpet. That's probably the cheapest/easiest route to go...
b dime   +1y
what a bout peel and seal from lowes, the stuff that goes on roofs?
diabolic kustoms   +1y

a shit ton cheaper then dynamat and the same quality.