Page 1 of 1
Dually Audio/Interior \  Ignition key and shifting issue

Ignition key and shifting issue

Dually Audio/Interior Dually Tech
views 1399
replies 4
following 2

balcar   +1y
Well as I put my freaking truck back together, i've got a issue, first I noticed the key won't come all the way out without hitting a little slidder thing between the key and the column, Then noticed that I can't take the truck out of nutural till I slide the slider the other way. Anyone know what the hell i'm talking about? LOL Its pissing me off!

98 chevy 1ton....
outlawcrewcab   +1y
go to summit and buy the shifter cable that converts you collum shifter to cable from rod. sounds like your shifter is bindin and cuasing your problems
balcar   +1y
There is a cable allready that goes to the tranny, or are you talking about something else?
outlawcrewcab   +1y
well on my 94 the shifter uses a metal rod off collum to frame then to trans. Lockhurt makes a cable to replace the shifting rod
balcar   +1y
Hmmm, mine has a cable that goes under the drivers seat, i'll look at it more in the morning...

Hay Joe, I heard that u have a good guy for shortening the 14-bolt rears... I found a cab&chassis one, but its a older style 14 bolt without the ridges on the pumpkin and such and have no clue on if I can swap out my gears, and no clue how warn the parts in it are.
Page 1 of 1