threads
Page 1 of 1
Dually Audio/Interior \  New dash that will hold more gauges?

New dash that will hold more gauges?

Dually Audio/Interior Dually Tech
views 2175
replies 7
following 7

aramp1   +1y
Well, maybe it's the pilot in me, but I like to have a bunch of gauges in front of me letting me know what's going on. I was surfing around the net and came across some semi pictures and stumbled on the dash pics of some big rigs. Here's the dash of a newer Kenworth.

thread post photo

Well, cutting out a dash like this from a big rig really isn't feasable since there would be so much work making it fit in my old Chevy. But, what about a smaller RV type dash? Here's what I was thinking.

thread post photo

Any imput or ideas????
jcampbell1180   +1y
Damn Dude!!!

All I really need to know is how fast I'm going, how fast my motor is spinning, what my oil pressure looks like, and how much go-juce I got.

I think it would be sick, though. Try going to an old boneyard. I think an old Peterbilt cab is roughly the width of our trucks, plus the dash is steel.
liljlowrider   +1y
im like j i dont really need to know that much info but i think i would look pretty sweet
low95xlt   +1y
+1 for being creative and different
gearhead2424   +1y
I really like that. I can"t wait to see you finish it.
albertaamx   +1y
Did you ever finish your quest for gauges?
xtowtruck   +1y
Looks like a cool idea but there are only soo many guages to monitor a truck... especial if it's not boosted.. what would you fill the rest with? jw love the idea just thought i would ask... would love to see this project when done.
aramp1   +1y

No, it's still in works. I just got back from a deployment and my wife is 8 months pregnant with our first and second children and along with school and work, progress on the truck has been slow. I've about got my engine swap done. I'm still missing a few critical things that I'm having problems locating such as the correct flywheel.
Page 1 of 1