threads
Page 1 of 2
Dually Exterior \  Body Dropping to the DOORS help.

Body Dropping to the DOORS help.

Dually Exterior Dually Tech
views 3835
replies 16
following 4

short1   +1y
I've got my 87 CC all bagged and seems to be running smooth. Lays frame like it should and the cross member. Im wanting to body drop this truck to the doors. I already know that im gonna have to cut and raise my rear fenders for the tire clearence. Im wondering if i can do this drop without a cowl induction hood? Its got the 454 in it so i think im gonna have to. Im gonna stock floor it also. Im not very tall so F*&^ it. Taller people and ride in the bed. LOL.. Just looking for some insight before i start up the sawzall. Thanks guys..
short1   +1y
BUMP.. i know someone has got some insight on this..
big bear   +1y
yo man. glad its working out for ya. i bet you will need a cowl . thats my issue. i want to end up bodydropping my square but i refuse to run a cowl. not my style. ands you have it mixed up. a stockfloor bodydrop allows taller/bigger people more room ect.. and a traditinal old skool style body drop you lose alot of room.
bk2life   +1y
youd have to do some serious front suspension/crossmember mods but it could be done. or buy one of those aftermarket front kits KP i think makes them. stock floored with my frame 2x4 frame i can cut about an inch into my rocker, so going to the door is about another 2 inches, so youd be raising your floor about 2 inches. better yet, id just channel it, leave your floor alone and just remake the trans tunnel. your motor would be super close to hood, id swap a 350 in it.

depending on tire/wheel size, 22 is probably the biggest you could run when its all done
short1   +1y
traditional i was meaning. Im not tall so i think i should be ok. I think im just gonna run some 16 in wheels so. Im the same way i dont want a cowl hood either. but i think im gonna have to. Do you guys know by any chance if my rear wheels will hit the top of the fiberglass fenders? thanks for the info too.
big bear   +1y
what size tire you wanting to run ? and you said you wanna stay 16s? for sure?
short1   +1y
yea i plan on running 16's. ive got the 225/60/16 on it now so i think im sticking to that size.
short1   +1y
What suspension work would i have to do? and crossmember? Im already layin the frame on the ground with bags. Thanks for the info guys
big bear   +1y
ok, so does your frame lay flat out on the ground ? front to back ? does your frame, crossmember and arms all sit flush on the ground ? do your arms touch first when layed out ? did you z your frame ? sorry to bomb you with questions. just curious exactly what you have going on before i throw any answers out there.
bk2life   +1y
sounds to me you are way in over your head.

the size tires you are runnin now are the same size as a low pro 22, there is no reason not to run a at least a 22 inch wheel.

but from what i am reading, i dont think its wise to suggest anything else, lives could be in danger