Dually Exterior \  19s???

19s???

Dually Exterior Dually Tech
views 2299
replies 16
following 6

lockone   +1y
Yeah I know Travis.

Your problem with the adapters is going to be the hub bore. We built a set a few years ago and they were a 2 piece adapter that was about 3.5" thick.

Your best bet would be to adapter your control arms to the 8 lug hub and spindle. Cheaper and is the safest.
guilty by design   +1y
He mentioned something about getting a 19.5 off an older 80s model RV (guess they have a bigger hub bore) My luck tho there wont be a set to be found. Guess if i put a 3/4 ton spindle on it i can get a 3'' drop instead of the 2''. But then what about the rearend?
someotherguy   +1y
Well it depends on what he means by an RV wheel. There were 8 lug 19.5's (we always call them "Frito" 19.5's since they were used on the heavy 1 ton step vans that were most often seen as Fritos trucks) and they had a 4.56" center bore. 4 hand holes. Look like this:
thread post photo

Or you had the real deal RV chassis that was similar to the 3500HD, those are 10 lug 19.5's with a 5.25" center bore. 5 hand holes. Best pic I could find, sorry.
thread post photo

Both are made by Accuride. The 8 lug ones are probably a little harder to find than the 10. I posted the part numbers to both a while back, can dig them up if you need them.

What's confusing to me is if your guy is looking for some old 19.5's all he is going to find is steel...maybe I misunderstood what's going on and am pokin my nose in for nothin.

Richard
Post was last edited on Dec 27, 2011 01:12. This post has been edited 2 times.
lockone   +1y
Richard, I think Guilty is just wanting some dimensions on the wheels so he can see how thick his adapters are going to be. I am sure he will be running some aluminum 19s on the Yota also.
guilty by design   +1y
So there were no alum frito wheels made?
lockone   +1y
Not in a 19.5. I have seen a few in 16s but that is it.
someotherguy   +1y
None were made back in the day that I know of, but you can shell out megabucks to Ricksons to get some. 19.5, 8x6.5 pattern, 4.56 or 4.60 center bore, forged... about $400 each.

They've also got the 10 lug that would fit my truck, $400 to $480...guess I'll have to keep running black painted stockers until I hit the lotto!

Richard