Page 1 of 3
Dually Exterior \  NEED HELP FROM SHITBOX GUYS

NEED HELP FROM SHITBOX GUYS

Dually Exterior Dually Tech
views 2510
replies 20
following 5

low1ton   +1y
I am trying to get my 2000 GMC reg. cab dually ready for paint. So I ordered a bunch of body parts like new goodmark hood, steel rollpan, smoothie painted front bumper, snuglid fiberglass bed cover, smooth cowl cover new mirrors ect. My question is about factory front fender flares my truck did not have them so I ordered a set and when I got them there is a metal strip that you must drill holes in the fender and bolt on and then the flare lips over the metal stip and screws in around the wheel well opening. I got to looking and I cant figure out how you get to the inside of the front fender to install the nuts on the back metal strip that the flare clips on to. I must be missing something. Can any one help before I drill holes and screw up! Pictures would be awesome. By the way the flares are factory GM off a 4x4. I will post some pictures soon.
okcderek   +1y
I have a set of those factory fenders w/ the flares on them already...they are in my shed, I'll try to look at them tommorrow and see what it looks like.
someotherguy   +1y
Brother you ain't gonna like this...

I've got two trucks that came with the flares from the factory, and while you reach through some of the existing holes to attach the nuts, other nuts have holes specially made for them - and it looks like if your truck didn't come with them, those extra holes are not there on the back. I just looked at a loose fender I've got and there's nada...

Richard
low1ton   +1y
Thats what I was afraid of. Hey Derek are you interested in selling the set you have in storage?
krewzlo   +1y
Send them back and get the ones that tape on. After you have them on the truck, the ones that bolt on, they are a pain in the butt to get off if you need to. I believe the later year tahoes had them, I had a set at one time but can't remember what they came off from. Plus if you decide later you don't like them, you got a nasty set of holes in your fenders.
okcderek   +1y

I was going to run them on my truck, but not sure if I want to or not. I'll sell them if you want em. Does 200.00 for both w/ flares sound good? I can get them down and post pics of them if you want. Nothing wrong w/ them at all.

here's pics..

low1ton   +1y
SOLD! they will work for my 2000 gmc wont they? Are you going to be around this weekend might could come down on Sunday or Monday and get them? Are they original GM fenders not aftermarket?
huskerdually   +1y

That quick, you should have asked more.
okcderek   +1y
They are GM parts. I will be home this weekend.

are worth more than what I asked, but not trying to bend the guy over.
low1ton   +1y
Thanks for not killing me. Are you interested in my take off fenders? I also have a hood that I just replaced and I have front and rear GM bumpers that are chrome and have been brushed? What day works best for you this weekend? The only day that is out for me is Saturday I will be at the big route 66 car show. You want to give me your cell we can work out the details? If not mine is 678-231-7655 if you just want to call me.
Post was last edited on Aug 31, 2009 05:08. This post has been edited 1 times.