threads
Page 1 of 2
Dually Exterior \  where to find 19.5 steel wheels?

where to find 19.5 steel wheels?

Dually Exterior Dually Tech
views 10707
replies 12
following 4

poopskidz   +1y
i was looking at a frito lay truck the other day and it had 8 lug 19.5 steel rims on it. They look exactly like my stocks but bigger and i can get a tire size that will work for me in a 19.5 i was wondering if any place makes cheap 19.5 direct bolt wheels that i could put on my truck
lockone   +1y
I carry both steel and aluminum 19.5 direct bolt wheels. Prices range from 220-300 each depending on which material you prefer.
huskerdually   +1y
Why didn't you just take a jack to the frito lay truck?

I hear they're hard to find used, I did post a link to some on ebay a few weeks ago. They were a little rough but they went for like $250 for a set of six I think.
huskerdually   +1y
[url=p69614:1g1npnoe]Some on ebay right now 300 bucks.
someotherguy   +1y

Like Husk said, gank them Frito wheels! The only way I can imagine you'll find them cheap is to get some crusty ones out of a boneyard, and finding them can be a challenge. Most 1 ton step vans were 16", it was only the really heavy ones that got 19.5".

Otherwise get 'em new from Trevor or pay more to get them from Rickson's.

But, before you consider going to these you should check tire sizes, I think the smallest 19.5 you can get is a 225/70/19.5 (also happens to be one of the most common sizes) and this is a 31"~31.5" tire, size will vary a little on brand/model. I doubt you'll find a tire short enough to run on your bagged ride. Also, the TIRES ARE NOT CHEAP!!! There's some complete POS chinese tires out there you can get for around $125/ea but they wear out real fast, vibrate so bad you can't balance them, and they just suck over all. At the other end of the scale, the 245/70/19.5 Goodyears on my '98 are over $300/ea. Somewhere in the middle you'll find the General LMT200 or whatever that typical OEM tire is for probably $200/ea but they wear out kinda fast, too. I think the original ones lasted maybe 50K miles on the '07 F450SD wrecker I was driving. 19.5's should last WAY longer than that.

Richard
poopskidz   +1y
i did think about tire size and i was wondering what was out there in a 19.5 i really just want a 20" or smaller stock looking rim for the dually that i can paint white and have chrome lugs but i dont want to shell out the cash for some custom cut aluminum ones. I thought since they 19.5 fritolay wheels came on those trucks i could find some cheap steel ones.
poopskidz   +1y
holy hell i just checked out that ebay link that looks like a decent deal. Even better it says they came off a frito lay truck.
someotherguy   +1y
Yep not a bad price at all but it's gonna cost to ship them. The wheels are HEAVY. Before you push the button on them be sure you check out tires first. I'm thinking you won't find anything short enough to run on a slammed truck.

Richard
lockone   +1y
225/70/19.5 is the normal size for a 19.5 and it is right at 32" tall.
huskerdually   +1y
That's right around a 24" tire height. I can't even imagine how heavy those are, better be prepared for poor braking and going through brake pads. But maybe the 1-ton stuff will make it not so bad. Of course unsprung weight is always bad.

But I do like the price, and not having to buy adapters, and that's the second set on ebay in about a month for about that same price. I think the others went for like $273.