Page 2 of 2
Dually Exterior \  POWER SUBURBAN MIRRORS

POWER SUBURBAN MIRRORS

Dually Exterior Dually Tech
views 1489
replies 18
following 6

low1ton   +1y
No problem here, I just thought if someone was interested if not I will keep them, I bought 2 sets because you never know when shit might happen and you break one it is nice to have another one setting on the shelf, especially on discontinued items.
someotherguy   +1y
There's always someone that will cash up more for new vs. used, although there's nothing wrong with used parts as long as they aren't hosed...hell, I make a living off used parts. The difference in price on the used stuff also brings into play the willingness of the person that needs them to go hunting through boneyards, lugging tools around, driving all around town hoping to find what they need. If you have time to do that stuff (hell I enjoy it, I just don't have time to do it anymore) then you can save some bucks at least in parts price, but can spend a lot in fuel. You can also hunt all over town and find nothing, or find stuff screwed up by the rock and hammer crew.

In Houston there's literally hundreds of junkyards, I kind of got tired of cruising all of them trying to find a seatbelt, grille, bumper, yada yada yada so now I just have a whole damn yard full of shitboxes. Sometimes when people call me up for parts, they know a good deal when they see it, others holler at me because they think I'm trying to rip them off. No need for them to get mad, just go hunt the yards themself and save a buck.

In case this sounds like an ad or something, it's not. I generally only do local deals, though I have been known to ship a thing or two if it's not a huge hassle. F'in post office is a pretty good trip from my shop, and it's like a food stamp convention in there with a 30+ minute wait while each person ahead of me tries to buy money orders or pay for postage with their welfare card.

Richard
jcampbell1180   +1y

I don't mind cruising the local bone yards, either. Shoot, couple of times, me and the Old Man have gone with no tools...just an "inventory check", to see if there's anything worth coming back for. Makes for a cheap way to get outta the house for a few hours when the Missus will give me a porch pass.

On another note...I can see the "Rock & Hammer Crew" becoming a staple of DS vocabulary. It cracks me up because it's so fitting. If you've ever scoured a bone yard, you know it's true.

Richard - you got any NV4500's laying around? Not that I'm in the market hardcore, but I've been considering a few options.
someotherguy   +1y
Yes suh I do have a couple NV4500's, one is in my '96 and is working fine, hoping to use it in the next yard wrecker build-up. Other one is in my '94 HD dunno if it's in good shape. Some dickhead took the shifter out and since the truck doesn't run, can't test the trans out anyway. Biggest thing to watch out for on the NV4500 is that 2-3 synchro grind, it's the one that seems to die first. Most people keep beating it around town and skipping the shift if necessary instead of spending a few bucks to fix it. By the time it really craps out it's a grand or so to build.

The trans is valuable enough I might swap the 7.4 onto the existing NV4500 so I can test it, instead of just snatching it out. Gonna be hard to resist just doing the full engine/trans swap and ignoring the loose trans while I have the cab off the frame, though. I'm really tempted to just pull the loose one and stab the engine/trans combo from the other truck right in since I know those are good.

Richard
got6wls   +1y
BTE how the hell do you do this chat thing
someotherguy   +1y
Dunno man I'm in there and I keep seeing you join then it kicks you out saying "invalid IP address" not sure why.
jcampbell1180   +1y
It automatically detects, and subsequently regects, douchery of any caliber.

Sike...I'm just messing with you.

Maybe you have too much ghey pr0n stored on your hard drive for the chat to function properly. Just a thought...
someotherguy   +1y
I figured the Department of Homeland Security has his cable line tapped or something.

But ya know, after seeing those pics of his new 'do, you may be onto something Campy...

Richard