Page 2 of 4
Dually Exterior \  fenders

fenders

Dually Exterior Dually Tech
views 5894
replies 32
following 13

lockone   +1y
Yes you can still run a 265/35/22...Not alot of people know about these wheels...
bdydrped   +1y

and a 150 bucks beats the hell outta having to do all that glass work on the fenders
okcderek   +1y
So if I bag my truck to lay frame...do I have to modify the fenders at all. No widening or make them taller...is that what you are saying? Sounds too good to be true.
lockone   +1y
There are certain exceptions to the rule. A truck like LilJ's with the wide track rearend in it may still need the fenders widened alittle, but I have all of the measurements of the wheels and rearends that I can get a good guess if the wheels will tuck or not. With all of the measurement a customer could measure from the mounting plate of the rearend to the edge of the fender with a plumb bob to find out for sure if they will work.
okcderek   +1y
Well hell...for the extra money those wheels cost... it would cost that much just to stretch the fenders...if not more time you had them painted too. Not to mention the pain it is to drive a dually w/ wider fenders..I had a friend w/ an extended cab that put 22s on and streched the fenders, it sucked to drive, I always felt like the fender was hangin out of my lane.
liljlowrider   +1y
yea they feel like their gunna hit the car in the lane new to you,:lol: i would def. go with the townasty wheels... just hope you dont have the rearend that i have and you will be fine
keldig   +1y
but if you shorten the rear end and get the rims you should be good no mater what right??
watahyahknow   +1y
a chassis cab rearend prolly do that
dont forget its not only widening the fenders but allso a new paintjob it will cost you more time effort and money then the 150 dollar the wheels costing extra.
i allso whent for the townasty wheels as you can see on the pic below the thing im looking for no bulges on the bed at all the roads in the netherlands arent huge and sometimes i have to fold the mirrors in on a boxvan to make it through a street in amsterdam .
i'm going belt and braces on this one .
i got the townasties and the chassis cab rearend
diabolic kustoms   +1y
wow.. I really don't understand what he just said. And I thought southerners were bad..lol