Page 1 of 4
Dually Exterior \  52 Retro Front Clip

52 Retro Front Clip

Dually Exterior Dually Tech
views 7406
replies 35
following 9

triple l   +1y
Has anyone tried this retro conversion? I'm planning to put it on my 93 Chevy dually. Any thoughts? My truck that I want to put the conversion on, right now it has it has a GMC front clip, that I want to replace.

This is the clip that I want to put on

What do you think? I want it to be different and stand out, and there are so many Caddy conversions already that this would be totally different. BTW the company that makes this conversion is called nestalgia wheels

Post was last edited on Nov 11, 2006 02:11. This post has been edited 1 times.
liljlowrider   +1y
actually i have seen a dually with that front end on it when i lived in austin and didnt really like it too much!!! just looked kinda strange the longer i stared at it
Post was last edited on Nov 11, 2006 02:11. This post has been edited 2 times.
lockone   +1y
In my honest opinion you need to leave that conversion alone... I did one for a customer about 4 years ago and he was the first one to have one in the country and I thought that it was the ugliest truck I have ever seen in my life. I tried to talk him out of it, but he was old school and had a 52 showtruck that he hauled everywhere.

It is your truck you can do what you want with it but if it were mine I would pick another converstion.
maz89   +1y
I kinda like it.... so what, shoot me. I just don't know how it would look on a dually. Looks cool on a standard cab step side truck. It's different and that's what I like....
low95xlt   +1y
if u like it do it be your won person, my 2 cents not my thing but hey its not my truck go for it i say
triple l   +1y
What I like about it is that it is sooo different. I'm only 37 but the old cars and trucks have always lured me. I love the cars from the 40's-50's, kinda crazy that way, but I just don't know what it would look like on a dually.
onefasthoagie   +1y
ok heres my thought, the reason a classis IS a classic if because it's old styling, and the point of having a classic is fixing it up and driving it, when you mix old with new you just get something that takes away from the classic looks.

IE new mustangs...blah, the reason the old mustangs are nice is because thats the way they where back then, and to have an origional is awesome, i just think it takes away from the "REAL" classics.
oldskewlkool   +1y
its cool but not for me i think th caddy is about th cleanest
oldskewlkool   +1y
but what do i kno i drive a mini
triple l   +1y
lockone

You don't happen to have a picture of the truck you converted do you? Or know where I could find a pic of a dually with the conversion. I'm thinking of that conversion, and then a good flame paint job.