threads
Page 2 of 2
Dually Suspension \  hard lining air ride with copper.

hard lining air ride with copper.

Dually Suspension Dually Tech
views 9050
replies 13
following 8

iarodder   +1y
Just a thought but what about clear powdercoating? Everything that I have ever seen powdercoated is tougher than nails.....just a thought.
someotherguy   +1y
Worth a try to keep that crazy finish shiny. I didn't specifically ask the wheel platers if they tried traditional clearcoat, powder clear, or both. You'd think they probably have both available to them and tried, but who knows. I do know the copper plated wheel gave me a woodrow and I'm not even really a fan of gold-colored stuff.

Richard
plumbers crack   +1y
I'm a plumbers and I would say that you could use it, just isolate the pump, bags and any other source of vibration. If your going to use fittings I would braze them with sil-fos, sil-fos will hold 500psi all day, I wouldn't trust lead free to hold with the pressure spikes you could potentially see in a bag system.

Also use no less than type L soft and if your going mechanical joints, flare would be best. Comp fitting with the olives bite into the copper giving it a place to crack if there's vibration or pressure loading.
6wheeler   +1y
I'm an AC tech and yes, copper will get rigid over time, but as stated, with rubber isolaters you shouldn't have cracking issues. Using soft copper line like for a liquid line is a super clean way to bag your truck. I did an s10 that way years ago. The trick to making it clean as possible is to get the line straight, if you have access to a tube straightener, you're in great shape. Patience is key.