Dually Suspension \  5/7 drop= pain in my ass

5/7 drop= pain in my ass

Dually Suspension Dually Tech
views 3483
replies 12
following 5

lownslow   +1y
I have had problems from the start...
Ordered a drop from gauge then find out that it wont fit my truck so i order one from summit and get it in to find out they sent me spindles for the 92-00 trucks when mine is a 89. So i end up buying new ball joints and brakes for the 92+ trucks so i dont have to wait on summits return process. My ball joint press wont fit so i have to take the whole lower control arm off so i can use the big press. Well the u bolts that hold the lower control arm on are so rusted the nut strip out so i had to cut them off and now i have to order them because no parts store carrys them in stock... so i will end up with a whole new front end after this.
iarodder   +1y
Is it the new body style or the square body? That will be a determining factor in what you needed to order...... I have a '91 square body a lot of people don't realize that the bodies get a lil screwy in the 88-91's. They carried the squares over till '91 if it was a crew cab or a suburban, but if it is an extended cab or standard cab it's the new body from '88 on.
Post was last edited on Aug 21, 2013 11:08. This post has been edited 1 times.
jcampbell1180   +1y
Jeeze.

Yeah, I have a '90 CC. I tell all the parts guys it's an '87.
lownslow   +1y
Its a crew...
iarodder   +1y
Then you need to order parts for a 73-87 like Campy said....they will work. I found my '79 in the junk yard that I had sold a few years ago and it still had my 3" dropped spindles and dropped springs on it so I bought them for my '91 since they are the same body style, the guy at DJM said they will be the same since they are still both square bodies. Its a pain in the ass but it does work to just tell them its an '87.
lownslow   +1y
A lil update on my nightmare . Im still waiting for the right parts to show up.. spindles was wrong, coil springs was wrong, last but not least the flip kit was for a single wheel 14 bolt... so it wouldn't fit the axle tubes on my rear end... i ended up switching ball joints and tie rod ends and brakes to the 92-00 models so i could use the spindles instead of waiting on summits return process... they sent me 1 inch drop springs instead of 3 inch so i bought the right ones and sent the others back.. 3 weeks later i got my money back.. now i had to send the other flip kit back and get the right one which was 123 dollars higher than the first flip kit.. but it was on back order from western so im still waiting for them to ship it to me.. so its been over a month and ive still not got all the right parts to finish the truck... im pretty disappointed in this project already, kinda makes me not want to do the 6.0 swap in fear of what else will go wrong
iarodder   +1y
Hang in there.... it will be so worth it.
91squarebody   +1y
yea ..proud owner of a 91 cc.... I tell the parts guy its a 86
lownslow   +1y
Western chassis is really starting to piss me off... i reordered my flip kit on the 27th and they told me i would have it no later than today... so i called them up and guess what they still havnt even shipped it out.... motherfuckers suck.. i will not buy another thing from them or summit...
lownslow   +1y
Well as you can guess the flip kit i have waited on for over a month was wrong.. the other kit i sent back was closer than this kit. I sent it back yesterday and summit is going to refund my money (hopefully this month sometime).. so i guess ill be making my own flip kit.. Any one that has done this before wanta give any advice?? Any help would be greatly appreciated