Page 2 of 2
Dually Suspension \  Pinion Angle

Pinion Angle

Dually Suspension Dually Tech
views 7314
replies 16
following 4

gjf   +1y
So make the second shaft 0 degrees parrallel to the ground by adding a spacer the the carrier bearing. If I remove the shim from under the spring pad it will make the pinion 4 degrees up. I am hoping this will make all in harmony. I'll keep you posted . Thanks Husker!
gjf   +1y
Just for curiosity sake... If I raise the first shaft to 0 degrees, this would require let's say a 1.5+ spacer under the carrier bearing. Doing this would alter the angle of the second shaft to let's say 1-1.5 degrees down. So if we theoredically do this then the rear shaft would be 1 down with a pinion of 4 degrees up. That would mean tranny 5 down - first shaft 0 = 5 and second shaft 1 down + pinion 4 = 5. Is this the correct way of understanding this or am I out to lunch?
huskerdually   +1y
You do not measure the shaft angle you measure the yoke. Which with the front shaft would "read" the same on most angle finders. But the rear shaft angle will make no difference, you just set the rear pinion angle.

1.5" seems like a lot. I know that some of the more complete kits come with carrier bearing spacers, I wonder how big those are?
gjf   +1y
The Belltech and the DJM 5/7 kits come with a spacer for the carrier bearing that are only 3/8 thick. I took a DJM 3/4 kit and added 1" springs and removed leafs for a softer ride to go along with the rear towing bags. This gave me a 4/6 drop. They way it was explained to me is the rear pinion had to equal the same angle as the first shaft.
gjf   +1y
OK, I end up re-measuring the shaft angles.

The Tranny points down at 3
lincoln   +1y
hi can anyone help?

i put a v12 motor and tranny into a 77 lincoln so drive line had to be made longer its all good but getting vibrations with drivline above 50 mph it has a double carden from factory on rear diff and in centre it now has a centre bearing a splined plunging shaft with uj

at tranny flange it has a uj aswel

my tranny flange faces down 6 degrees towards back and my axle flange points down 8 degrees towards front the rear axle is stock from factory so how could you get this to work is it possible to go cv jopints at all 3 locations ? fixed cv at tranny side and axle and plunging cv in middle pls advise the flange at back is pointing down 8 degrees this is from stock ford 9 inch axle and has a double carden on there please advise guys.