Page 1 of 4
Dually Suspension \  8" rear flipkit?

8" rear flipkit?

Dually Suspension Dually Tech
views 6507
replies 33
following 7

onefasthoagie   +1y
does anyone know if you can get away with an 8 inch rear flip kit with out c notching the frame?? looks like it might be close!!! 88 dually ext cab.
krewzlo   +1y
I did on my dually when it was brand new. I had to put overload bags on it to be able to drive. I was able to tow my 24' enclosed car trailer too. It just sat up a little higher than normal while driving.

lockone   +1y
You can with the helper bags like krewzlo said...but without the bags it will just make alot of noise the axle and frame hitting and piss you off....Just put a notch in it for good measure...JM2C
1fastlx   +1y
just a small notch sould be enough to help clearance, no need for a big notch, helper bags would be nice. we did an 89 crew cab w/3 inch notch and it was cool until you put a trailer and car on back and then the thing bounced off the stops constantly with no air in the bags
onefasthoagie   +1y
well heres the delema....i want to lower it. 4 is to little(shackle and hangers) and 8' is too much Flip kit), i don't really want to chop the frame. so if i get the flip kit, and helper bags i can inflate them so it would give a 6 inch drop? and just ride around on the helper bags??
krewzlo   +1y
Yeah you can but it will be rough. You have to keep enough air in them to not smack the frame but it will be too much to ride smooth. I did it for about 10,000 miles until I put the air ride tech kit on. It wasn't bad but wouldn't do it again. Why not put a bolt on cnotch on? You won't weeken the frame if you put a good brand on and do it right. I towed 10,000lb trailers with mine on with no prob.
onefasthoagie   +1y
i just didn't want to have to cut the frame thats all, but i guess i'll have to, cause 4 inches just won't "cut it" i have to remove the bed right?
lockone   +1y
Not if you put a bolt in or small c-notch in it you can put one on with the bed on...
onefasthoagie   +1y

when doing the c notch install how do you have to support the frame as to not warp it wile cutting? or don't you really have to worry about that??
lockone   +1y
Dont really have to worry about that..with a small notch you are really not cutting out alot of frame....