Dually Suspension \  lockone

lockone

Dually Suspension Dually Tech
views 7538
replies 31
following 7

bdydrped   +1y
my 2 pennies

bagover axel blows monkey balls unless you constantly have weight on the ass...

and damn i got in late on the whoreoff... can i get some kinda handicap or soemthing so i can catch up to you 3
sooperspeed   +1y
So you guys think that bags over the axles are not as good? it seems like a lot of the slammed duallies I have seen have the bags on the axle an a 5th wheel mount build on to the bridge. Is this design just better for towing? I think this might be the only thing holding me up right now. I will not be running sleeved bags though. I am going to be running some 3800lb semi bags.
guilty by design   +1y
Well a bag over axle setup is a 1:1 ratio (2500 bags will hold 2500) If weight is a major concern then a bag behind axle setup is better, it would give the bag a mechanical advantage being further away from the front pivot point and lift more weight. The downside to bag behind axle is that you loose lift.
dragnasty   +1y
yeah trust me Im all too familliar with the no lift disadvantage of the bag being behind the axle......however, I can tow any damn thing I want! Thats what I built the truck for.....that and the fact that my truck rarely sees more than 2-3 inches off the ground.
dragnasty   +1y

Only mental handicaps for you my friend....
bdydrped   +1y
DUH...... whats that supposed to mean?

lmao
dragnasty   +1y
he he he
sooperspeed   +1y
So drag, do you have something similar to the Air Ride Tech "Air Bar" system where the bag brackets mount below the axle?

One reason I am going with the bag over axle is because of the Watts link.

does anyone know if you can run a cantilever for the bags on the rear? I could just build a cross member to mount it to. If I did something like that the rear end of the truck would start to look too busy I think.
physh1   +1y
Yup...that's one reason why I did chose to run the ART airbar...I liked the design. I can tow anything I want...I do get around 6"-7" of lift from layed out...reasonable...The ride is excellent.

Cameron
physh1   +1y
KP has one...I think it's still being prototyped...

I believe there was an article in Streetrucks not too long ago with a 1 ton 6 link install...can't find it though.

You could run a watts with a post axle bag setup...just need to make sure the pivot point is beyond the bags.

Cameron