threads
Page 4 of 4
Mazda Projects \  Pretend it's a long bed Mazda.

Pretend it's a long bed Mazda.

Mazda Projects
views 2381
replies 36
following 1

Cusser   +1y
"Here is an interesting turn of events. On 8_30_2018, someone named Hector went into my truck cab and stole my tools. Nearest I can figure, close to $450.00, and probably sold for a drug deal. He was caught and arrested after a guy named Wally saw him do it at the time and told me the next day. Wally told the story to the police but wouldn't cooperate so the police didn't get a warrant and obtain video footage putting Hector at the scene. Hector gets out of jail, and is now acting like a rabid dog with the threats he is making. The police won't arrest him, because in New York, harassment is a non-arrest-able offense. At least SIX incidents since he got out on the 31st, with a wink from the Court and a "promise" from Hector that he will behave. The brother has threatened me. I bought pepper spray today, manufactured by Sabre. "

Welcome to the judicial system in today's USA. When the catalytic converter was stolen from my 1998 Nissan Frontier in my driveway a few years ago, police didn't even come out to take fingerprints off the truck, did a "phone report".

Police in a different Arizona city didn't even look for surveillance videos from local stores after my daughter was hit by a vehicle, and while people were huddled around her making sure she was OK, the driver got in her car "to move it off the road" and just sped off. None of the bystanders got her license number. Had she been killed, then the videos would have been pulled and investigated.
mazdatweaker_2   +1y
I guess it's time for an update. Sorry about your daughter and the hit-and-run, Cusser. The good side to Orwell's 1984 camera's means that maybe more of the bad guys eventually get caught. How long ago did the incident occur?

I had to drop the shiny new tank today. The pickup unit going into the tank apparently has a perforated line or stress crack where the line goes into the tank. Another victim of 37-year-old metal fatigue Maybe the sender went on a sympathy strike when the tank failed. I found out about it for the first time when I tried driving the truck and it stalled two blocks away from home. Between the initial loss of my tools thanks to Hector, the replacement of the same, and isolating this issue, it has only been close to 30 days.

I'm glad I got the tank in before Hector got my tools.
I'm glad I have new tools that look like NASA designed them. Spline universal sockets.
I'm glad it only took 30 minutes to drop the tank, after I got all the fuel out.
Using nifty-new 21st century technology.
Pilots have to retire at 62.
I'm just getting started.

The difference to a fisherman between a bear and a thief, is that the bear just wants the fish. The thief wants the tackle. Between the bear and the thief, the fisherman is only allowed to shoot the bear.

Anyone else paying attention to the red heifer news out of Israel?

Anything I offer here kind of dwarfs in comparison to the tent that is being erected over World events.
mazdatweaker_2   +1y
Pictures of what got fixed today. I noticed the new unit has a flat surface so it won't ever fail at the point that the original one did.

Videos
@https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdVooGfieFI
&
@https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D5-em7vUaU
post photo
post photo
post photo
mazdatweaker_2   +1y
Here's another update. After replacing the tank and sender, I was unable to go above 35 mph. That might be ok running around the city, but will get you shot on the freeway. I replaced the inline filter, thinking that might be the problem, and then I started thinking that I was pulling air through the supply line. I tried using a loan-a-tool water jacket pump-up tool to pressurize the tank to find the leaks, but had no success in finding any. Exasperated, I found a small garage and paid them the $85.00 diagnostic fee to find the problem, which they did. It never occurred to me to replace the small filter in the carburetor inlet that GM used to trap rusty bits from the furl tank. My original fuel sock had fallen off, allowing a lot of particles into the fuel line. What wasn't trapped by the inline filter I put in got caught by in the carburetor filter, which seriously had clogged it up.

I was glad to pay the tuition for the education received.

Now I'm thinking of buying a Harley to put into the back of the thing. Probably a 1981. Built in Wisconsin, just like the truck.

What a difference I experienced with a new filter. The vroom was back.

The nice thing about a truck is it isn't as expensive to maintain as a girlfriend.
Cusser   +1y
Good that you got it fixed.

"The nice thing about a truck is it isn't as expensive to maintain as a girlfriend." If it's got tits or tires: it's going to cost you !!!!