Page 2 of 2
Mazda Projects \  Engine swap ideas

Engine swap ideas

Mazda Projects
views 1867
replies 15
following 2

ninjarider   +1y
I want to add power, do something different, and do it super cheap from JY PAP accessible stuff. My budget is so tight it bleeds.
sincitylocal   +1y
Why bother? Go with what's plentiful. It'll be far cheaper that way.
ninjarider   +1y
That's my point in the opening of this thread. The Quad 4 and the 3800 are very plentiful where I'm located. The problem is transmissions and intakes for a RWD setup. I don't mind doing a little fabrication work for the intake issue, so the transmission issue is really the problem for me. Hence the possibility of using the "baby LT1" because of its transmission bellhousing pattern being more universal.
Please don't think I'm being difficult I just don't have anyone else I can bounce some of these ideas off of.
Ricko1966   +1y
3800's are factory engines in some camaros ,so with a camaro intake you don't even have to fab a manifold.wiki the 3800 series 2. fantastic engine very plentiful which means cheap replacement parts etc. any 60degree v6 rwd transmission will bolt to it. Guys are swapping them into gm g bodies and fieros so lots of research is already available on the net.I was already looking at this thats how I know.There is actually one guy I ran across on the net that has done it ,injected 5speed 3800 b2200. As I remember mid 80's olds v8 mounts bolt to the 3800 and work in rwd applications.Dig around on the nets buick forums.
Post was last edited on Jan 17, 2018 05:01. This post has been edited 1 times.
sincitylocal   +1y
I don't think you're being difficult... far from it. I just can't help when you start asking about things outside of my scope of knowledge... so you may have to explain. Like you did with the baby lt1.