Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine General \  2.2L EFI

2.2L EFI

Mazda Engine General Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 496
replies 4
following 1

ninjarider   +1y
I was at a JY today and found several Mazda 2.2L EFI intakes on FWD cars. Does anyone know if the lower intake portion will bolt to my 86 2.0L head. The ones I saw were on a SOHC head so I suspect there wouldn't be an issue, but I wanted to ask before I shelled out some $ to get one of them. I know the upper would be pointed toward the firewall if it did fit, but I think with a custom spacer between the two halves it could be turned to point toward the front. I don't really like the progressive throttle body it has but it's got to be better than the carb setup I have. Plus it would give the ability to give it a small amount of forced induction.
sincitylocal   +1y
Same head. Will bolt up fine.
ninjarider   +1y
Sweet. I thought it probably would.
@Sin- As I've thought more about this this afternoon I've thought about the ECM and other sensors I would need. What all components will be needed besides the intake/throttle body, injectors, coolant sensor, TPS, and IAC. Can I make it run with a MAP instead of the Air valve meter in the air box? Would like to maybe get it running with the JY parts and ECM until I can purchase a MS.
sincitylocal   +1y
Not sure what all you'd need. ECM and engine harness would be a must. Keeping the air mass meter would probably be a requirement, but you might be able to locate it a little closer to the throttle body. You'll need to do some research for further details.
Page 1 of 1