threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine General \  b2200 engine swap?

b2200 engine swap?

Mazda Engine General Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 927
replies 6
following 2

Ricko1966   +1y
Hello everbody,new to the mazda b scene I have an 89b2200 that the engine is just wore out it smokes it fouls plugs and has piston slap when it is cold. This truck needs to be my daily driver and get good milage.What milage are you guys getting stock?with mods? I drive 200 miles a day.What lower ends that will fit my truck hold up best,I know that sounds weird but as an example an injected small block chevy lasts a lot longer without a rebuild than a carbureted one,I assume due to better fuel control.Anyway looking for suggestions for a junkyard lower end or engine swap. I've done a 305 and 700r4 into a s10 and a couple of other weirdo v8 swaps making mounts and getting driveline angles are no mystery to me. I just want some input from you all. I have all kinds of weird thoughts going on in my head right now 2.5 dodge 2.3 ford 305 or 4.3 chevy , ford probe lower end easy,cheap and economical are the objective. Thanks in advance.
Cusser   +1y
Some have done a Kia engine. Most rebuild the B2200 engine. Not too much fits without fabrication.
Ricko1966   +1y
I guess I should have been more clear what is the easiest short block swap, probe? Will the kia block go under a b2200 head?First option would be just a short block. I am not opposed to doing a complete drive train swap like 305 700r4 but first I'd like some of you guys input.Do the probe rings and cylinder walls hold up better do to them being injected? Is the kia block a straight swap?Have any of you done weirdo swaps and liked or disliked the results.I have oxy acetelene,plasma cutter,drill press,stick and mig welders,tubing bender,fabrication isn't a problem just looking for people who've owned and driven these trucks thoughts, again it just needs to be an economical daily driver.I could rebuild the 2200 by the time I get the block bored,head valve jobbed,crank turned,rods resized,buy a gasket set,pistons,rings,rod bearings,main brgs, timing belt, oil pump, gasket set, etc.etc. I am going to have more in just the engine than the whole truck is worth.So just looking to do a junkyard swap.
Post was last edited on Apr 11, 2017 03:04. This post has been edited 1 times.
sincitylocal   +1y
Kia block is not compatible with the Mazda head.
mazdatweaker_2   +1y
You can use a 2.2 probe short block and reuse your head.
geterdun   +1y
4.3 is drop in fit. Make u shaped saddles for car engine mounts. These will sit on welded on existing pads. Make rear cross member.
Post was last edited on Nov 18, 2018 09:11. This post has been edited 1 times.
Page 1 of 1