Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.0L \  84 B2000 help!

84 B2000 help!

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 785
replies 5
following 0

23scuba   +1y
Anybody know how to get the crank pulley bolt off on the 84?I have tried everything under the sun and am afraid I'm going to break the bolt off in the crank at this point I have a breaker bar on it but I'm afraid to mess with it anymore because I broke a 1/2" breaker bar on it yesterday and am using 3/4" now..
mazdatweaker_2   +1y
Make sure you are using a 6 point socket. Set the breaker bar so when it starts to move it swings into the frame. Bump the starter. Two or three impacts should probably do the trick.
Cusser   +1y
How much room do you have there? Harbor Freight has a 120 volt electric impact wrench for $40 with coupon, I bought one 2 decades ago, it goes to 250 ft lbs. Yes, you'd also need an impact socket.

However, if you're standing, the 3/4 inch breaker bar should deliver plenty of torque, especially with a pipe over it. If the engine turns when you try (brakes on, transmission in gear), some have rigged up a flywheel lock that fits in after removing the starter.
23scuba   +1y
I have plenty of room and tried to bump it over and it still didn't break it loose. Is it normal thread so i would turn it left right? I know it's a crazy question but i have seen crazier things.
Cusser   +1y
I haven't worked on one, but pretty sure it is standard right-hand threads. So counter-clockwise to loosen it (engine spins clockwise as seen from the front, so otherwise would cause it to loosen potentially).
Page 1 of 1