Page 1 of 2
Mazda 2.0L \  B2000 rebuild kit

B2000 rebuild kit

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1541
replies 11
following 2

ricsfishin   +1y
Best place to buy a rebuild kit for 1986 b2000 with water pump on internet, has anybody used the ones listed on e-bay don't want to get rip offed!
tucknrimmaz   +1y
How much of a rebuild are you doing? You looking at the kits that comes with pistons?
Cusser   +1y
I used Ebay retailer MizumoAuto for my 1988 B2200 pistons/rings (NPR) and engine bearings in 2011. Five years later and I drive this every day !

Use FelPro gasket kit.
ricsfishin   +1y
Pistons and everything
ricsfishin   +1y
Thanks Cusser thats who I thought about going with was not sure on quality of parts. But looks like it work for you. Where did you get felpro gaskets?
Cusser   +1y
I got the FelPro gasket kit from RockAuto.com because it was cheaper than getting at O'Reilly or AutoZone, can't remember. At MazdaTrucking.com they re-inforce the idea of only doing FelPro or dealer for head gaskets. And do NOT use an oil pan gasket, use Permatex Ultra Grey.

Important after like 500 miles to re-check torque on head bolts (10 of them) and change oil & filter.
ricsfishin   +1y
Thanks for your help!!
ricsfishin   +1y
Did my rebuild runs fine. Cusser did you have a hard time adjusting valves? We are having a tough time doing this to keep it from ticking loud
sincitylocal   +1y
Cusser has a 2200 with hydraulic lifters. Your 2000 can be adjusted to 0.008 on the intake, and 0.010 on the exhaust. Measure at the valve stem, not the cam.
ricsfishin   +1y
Thanks I will try that!!