Page 2 of 2
Mazda 2.2L \  Is my clutch done?

Is my clutch done?

Mazda 2.2L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 2471
replies 16
following 2

mazdatweaker_2   +1y
The flywheel bolts need to have sealant applied to them to keep oil from wicking onto the flywheel. Maybe you did that so that won't be a problem. As I recall, the transmission bolts are 17mm and you can tighten them to 65 ft/lbs. Any of the 17 mm bolts on the crossmember can be set the same as the engine/transmission. The driveshaft to differential takes a 13 mm bolt and I think 35 ft / lbs will pretty much set that and any 14 mm bolts will be fine at 45 ft/lbs. I never used a torque wrench on bolts I could get a good pull on with a wrench and specs weren't handy. Hope this helps.
Cusser   +1y
Torque specs for:
From page J1-9 of the the electronic version of the 1992 Service Manual:
1-Transmission to engine bolts. Big bolts 51-65 ft lb, smaller bolts 27-38 ft-lb
2-Transmission crossmember to frame. 23-34 ft-lb
3-Transmission crossmember to transmission. 23-34 ft-lb
From page L-5:
4-Driveshaft to rear diff bolts. 36-43 ft-lb
5-Driveshaft support to frame. 27-39 ft-lb
tbcaper   +1y
thank you for the torque specs. this is a big help. much appreciated.
tbcaper   +1y
so, finally done. Clutch is in and truck back together ad running. Now I know what it feels like with a new clutch.Very little movement on the pedal before it starts engaging. Thanks again for all the help.
bumpinB   +1y
I just replaced my clutch and now I need the extension housing seal that goes in before the drive line hooks up. Autozone and Orielly's keep selling me the wrong one. It slmost fits but gets messed up before I can get it in far enough. What is the RIGHT part number? Or where can I find it?