Page 2 of 2
Mazda 2.6L \  Possible b2600i header?

Possible b2600i header?

Mazda 2.6L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 4830
replies 13
following 4

RustyBanger   +1y
Well, never would of thought that wrapping the headers off the head with a 25 ft x 2" roll of 1000 c heat resistant tape, split between each header, would make such a difference, but the necessary heat insulation, ( my a/c hose was going to melt - I'm sure of it + some of the wiring had it's conduit melted from the under hood inferno the headers created,) has has a win / win secondary effect of showing the real potential the headers have. Really quite noticeable improved acceleration. The lower underhood temps improve the intake, additionally the higher exhaust temps making for better scavenging of the exhaust gases. This has made all the effort worthwhile. So get the 2" wide tape if you want, cost me $50 Aus. I wired up the top of each run with part of a steel coat hanger then wound it round the header about 2 1/2ft down each one, but I think you have to consider this as an essential part of the header process - at least in my 98 Courier's engine bay!
Devin   +1y
I did the same on my 93 B2200, I had been warned about the under-hood heat, so I wrapped it before I installed the header(much easier) I was also warned about the black coloring on the fiberglass tape fading to grey after a few miles so I painted it with high temp flat black spray paint as well. The paint has stayed black for over a year and it also keeps the fiberglass shards on the header and out of my skin when I am working near the header.
Connizzle   6 mo
So did it end up fitting? Or did you not buy it