threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine General \  Water in air filter?? Wazzup widat?

Water in air filter?? Wazzup widat?

Mazda Engine General Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 378
replies 3
following 1

chiknstix   +1y
I just bought a slick 92 B2200 that spent most of its 120,000 mi. being towed behind a motorhome. I checked the air filter and it was soaking wet. I thought maybe a bad storm or an aggressive wash job so I changed the filter and putted merrily down the road. I checked it after 1000 mi. and it's wet again. The truck runs great but this has me bumfuzzled. Any ideas from you gurus?
Cusser   +1y
Could be water from the case ventilation that has just condensed there, from short trips in winter. If my truck, and I was curious, I think I'd throw on a small valve cover filter, like $10 at parts stores, and plug up the hose from air filter to the valve cover with a rubber stopper temporarily, to see if that eliminated that water build up.
chiknstix   +1y
Thanks cusser, I have considered that. I have two hoses coming from the valve cover to the air cleaner. would you know which is what? I'm a mechanical idiot. 1 goes to a little foam filter that is oily, that would probably be it, huh? Nice avatar, by the way.
Post was last edited on Mar 17, 2016 08:03. This post has been edited 2 times.
Cusser   +1y
"I have two hoses coming from the valve cover to the air cleaner. would you know which is what? I'm a mechanical idiot."

Hmmm- the one towards front of truck (the horizontal one with the PCV valve - should attach to the top of the intake manifold. Better check yours, maybe post photos.

"Nice avatar, by the way."

That's Mrs. Cusser, in an early photo. I can't remember what we were celebrating with that champagne. She's very conservative, we can't remember why she dressed like that, or forgot her underwear, but it was photo-worthy !!!
Page 1 of 1