threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.0L \  83' B2000, Fresh Rebuild, rocker-spray tube leak?

83' B2000, Fresh Rebuild, rocker-spray tube leak?

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 511
replies 4
following 2

burtandurny101   +1y
I am having trouble sealing the spray tube that dribbles oil onto the cam lobes; i had no oil pressure then by the use of teflon tape i managed to get pressure for a few minutes....

Does anybody know the correct type of seal for this thing? i have an assortment of o-rings and i will try to redo the seal with some today.

It sucks because i have to remove/loosen greatly the headbolts and hope I don't mucck up the head-gasket.
kaytbugsdad   +1y
Is it the tube that runs directly over the cam?? It has an O-ring in the front tower (the one right by the cam sprocket), that has probably either completely deteriorated or fell out when you took it apart...... As long as you don't move the head around too much, the head gasket should be fine.....
burtandurny101   +1y
Well i got it glued back together with black rtv......

Its seems ok, oil is sprzaing just fine onto the cam.

Oil pressure seems a bit funky still but its an old knarly gauge and when i give it revs (aprox. 2000) it reads the spec 60 psi.
Do these engine just idle at hardly any oil pressure?

I am baffled; i plan on driving it down the block to the engine shop to see what they say.

cheers!
kaytbugsdad   +1y
Yes..... Specs for oil pressure say 45-60 psi @ 3000 rpm. 4.25 psi @ idle..... I would say your engine is just fine.....
burtandurny101   +1y
OMG pardon the expression but F$%^ YEAH!

Sorry, had to get that outa the way.
I havent been able to locate an idle oil pressure spec.
It runs fine, sounds fine, exhaust is fine, havent pulled a spark plug yet but i have high hopes.

Questions about vacuum but maybe that's for another thread....
Page 1 of 1