Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.0L \  Vibration Under Load

Vibration Under Load

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1161
replies 5
following 2

dweaver   +1y
Im getting a slight vibration under load with my 86 b2000. When the gas is released there is no vibration and if I have the gas in the correct position vibration goes down. I've done some research and it tends to point towards engine mounts? Has anyone had similar problems?
Cusser   +1y
When I replaced my motor mounts, both were already broken into 2 pieces each !!!

I replaced my B2200 motor mounts just over 2 years ago; both mine were in two pieces, caused a noise/vibration that I wasn't aware of. I wrote a thread on this, was a little tougher than what I was expecting. See [url]http://www.mazdatrucking.com/forum/showthread.php/13293-Noise-1988-B2200?highlight=motor+mounts[/url]

I used the Anchor brand motor mounts, not the Mazda dealer ones. My transmission mount was OK. I think I wrote in that thread that in hindsight I wished I would've threaded the nuts on the new mounts, then cut the studs a little shorter (like 4mm) then taken the nuts off, to make installation a bit easier.
dweaver   +1y
Wow! Thanks for the information. I'm not entirely sure if its the mounts. Is there anything else that could cause vibration like this? This vibration is very noticable especially when the engine is lugged down. Thanks again!
dweaver   +1y
Does anything else need to be unbolted except the mounts? From my understanding you
1. Unbolt top and bottom of both engine mounts.
2. Jack engine up on one side
3. Wiggle that side out
4. Install new one but leave one nut off
5. Do the same for the other side
6. Bolt everything back up
mazdatweaker_2   +1y
I'd climb under the vehicle and see if the driveshaft is wobbly
Cusser   +1y
I may have loosened the fan shroud, or removed the cooling fan for clearance as I jacked up the engine a little. And maybe the coil wire had to be unplugged too.
Page 1 of 1