Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.0L \  87 b200 crank pulley wobble

87 b200 crank pulley wobble

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1138
replies 2
following 2

Chrisweb   +1y
The crank pulley has a little wobble to it, I took the front of the truck apart and changed the timing belt and looked at the lower gear while I was there to check for keyway wear but it looks solid, do I have to fully remove that lower gear to inspect it better? I put everything back together and she runs great but that pulley still wobbles, should I pull it back apart and remove the gear, or should I get a new crankshaft pulley and see if that works ?
befarrer   +1y
I bet the keyway on the crank is wallowed out from not enough torque used on the center front pulley bolt. The belt pulley on the front of the engine attaches to the lower timing belt pulley. It might get a little better with a new key, but to fix the issue will need a new crankshaft. My B2200 had a wobbly front pulley, I tried a bunch of things, including muffler cement to fill the gaps lol, nothing helped let alone fixed it apart from a new engine. Apparently when it gets very bad, it can break off the front of the crankshaft.
Chrisweb   +1y
Ya I had it apart and put it back together already, the main bolt was only snug, but the key and the gear took most of the abuse, the crank barley had any wear, just kinda rounded the corner on the one side. Put a new key and gear and bolt on with a little bit of loctite 660 on the key and it's solid as a rock now, I probably didn't even need to use the loctite, it was really tight and no movement when it all went back together
Page 1 of 1