Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.0L \  Nikki carb swapped for a Weber - Removal of other stuff advice

Nikki carb swapped for a Weber - Removal of other stuff advice

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 846
replies 1
following 1

Joe   +1y
I'm new to the scene and have a unique 1986 B2000. Six wheels and a dump bed!! Working on it with my son as it will be his first car when he gets his license. Ran very poorly with the Nikki car, so swapped out with a Weber. It is running great! Yeah! We removed quite a lot from the vacuum system and plugged things. However, there were 3 pipes connected to the old air filter (secondary air, I think) and head down to the exhaust system. Can I remove these? And what is the best way to do it? If you have any other advice on what I can clean up after getting rid of the craziness that was this OEM setup, would love to hear it.
Cusser   +1y
Pretty straightforward. The single pair tube comes off readily. I made a pair tube block off plate from a Simpson Strong Tie wire shield from Home Depot (56 cents), used the original mount assembly which also mounts to the engine. .I used 14mm x 1.5mm wheel lugs from O'Reillys ($4.99 for four) to plug the pair tube outlets coming out the upper manifold heat shield.

http://www.mazdatrucking.com/forum/showthread.php/6263-How-to-cap-off-two-extra-exhaust-pipes?highlight=pair+tube+block
Page 1 of 1