Page 1 of 2
Mazda 2.2L \  still havent figured it out

still havent figured it out

Mazda 2.2L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1328
replies 19
following 3

Mazdarattti   +1y
So after changing put the water pump, head work, all top end seals, and doing timing several different times i don't have a clue what it is. It still acts like its off time and I have no idea what it could be...any ideas?
1986b2000   +1y
Did you ever figure it out? I've been having the same problem with my truck for a few months now.
Post was last edited on Feb 09, 2016 02:02. This post has been edited 1 times.
Cusser   +1y
Could your distributor shaft have been installed one gear tooth off?
Mazdarattti   +1y
No I haven't, I'm getting a new distributor and fuel regulator along with spark plug wires
Mazdarattti   +1y
Would you have any other ideas as to what it could be Cusser? The timing is all lined up, it idles but rough and when you give it has it'll backfire through the carb and die. I have absolutely no clue nor do others I've had look at it and I'm starting to give up on it... Please help!!
sincitylocal   +1y
Check your distributor cap for arc traces, or a plugged vent. Spark ionizes the air in the cap, and a plugged vent or arc trace can cause spark jump.
If all else fails, time it by ear and see if things smooth out.
Mazdarattti   +1y
I have a new distributor coming and a cap and rotor. I hope this helps the issue
geterdun   +1y
I guess you have the cap wired clockwise, firing order is double-checked to be wired 1-3-4-2?
Mazdarattti   +1y
Yes sir, I got the new distributor in last night and it still acts the same....
geterdun   +1y
Recheck the cam timing.