threads
Page 2 of 2
Mazda 2.2L \  Timing problems...i think?

Timing problems...i think?

Mazda 2.2L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1903
replies 15
following 3

kipwshields   +1y
i think its very hard to bend a piston but you could have bent a valve possibly but that i dont think would cause a no crank situation.
Weaselburner   +1y
=) that's the vid i used
kipwshields   +1y
im not sure, but i would start taking it apart and making sure everything is in the correct order. if it was running before you did it as long as you put it back together right it should run again.
Weaselburner   +1y
will do. thanks for the help. I'll post again when i figure out what the heck went wrong
befarrer   +1y
B2200 is a non interference motor, even though many places say it is. I bought a truck that broke a timing belt while driving down the highway, he even showed me that it cranked over when he had the timing belt in his hands. I put a new timing belt on, and fired up no problem. Having a timing issue will not cause the engine to not even crank. If there is some sort of internal contact, you should be able to feel it by turning the crankshaft backwards then back the correct way to feel resistance. Backwards is turning the crankshaft counterclockwise when standing in front of the truck looking at it. If you can get 2 full rotations with the spark plugs removed out the the crankshaft with little resistance, then all is good. To me, sounds like a starter, or starter wiring issue.