Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine General \  Starting problems

Starting problems

Mazda Engine General Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 491
replies 1
following 1

kipwshields   +1y
I have a 1990 b2200 carb 5 speed. Having problems getting it to fire. i have new plugs, wires, distributor, rotor and cap, and new coil. i noticed my truck has 2 external resistor things mounted to the engine bay. most ive seen online only have 1? I guess its an igniter and a resistor? this is the last thing to check before my problem goes to the ignition switch (im pretty sure thats not the problem) What the problem is, when i start the truck i get a crank no fire. Sometimes it will fire after the 3-5 time but not always. If i jump the car with another car it will start almost every time on the first try. My battery is new and the alternator is working fine. This isnt a huge problem but turning the truck off at the store or gas station and needing a jump is. Ive looked online for the 2 ballast set up mine has with no luck. The junk yards here in the area have no b2200 that are not crushed. I did find a 89 just like mine (I'm a 90) and again it only had one resistor!? Is there a way to bypass them with out catching on fire? The dealer can order them but one is $12 and the other is $184... I'm not really wanting to pay that if its not the real problem or for less i can bypass them? Any thoughts or solutions? Thanks
kipwshields   +1y
Here is a pic. The yellow thing is the coil and I am thinking its the 2 metal tab things.
post photo
Page 1 of 1