threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.0L \  Selecting the right weber carb??

Selecting the right weber carb??

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1033
replies 6
following 1

tgregoryb2000   +1y
I am searching for the proper weber carb for my 1980 2.0L b2000 Sundowner.
When i look at the Weber Website their chart reccomends the 32/36 DFEV (K674) with electric choke.
BUT the chart says that is for motors equiped with hitachi carbs. . . mine has a nikki carb!
anyone know for sure which carb kit is the correct one for this motor? thanks for the advise!!
http://www.redlineweber.com/carb-kits/auto/mazda/
Cusser   +1y
I'd call Redline Weber and ask their Tech Help.
tgregoryb2000   +1y
You are right, not worth rushing and buying the wrong carb, I will give them a call directly.
tgregoryb2000   +1y
Is there any reason I should consider buying a remanufactured carb from o Riley's instead of a Webber carb? The Webber is cheaper actually. . .
Cusser   +1y
"Is there any reason I should consider buying a remanufactured carb from o Riley's instead of a Weber carb? The Webber is cheaper actually. . ."

Only reason not to do less-expensive Weber would be if your location has uber-strict emission test rules, like all has to be stock with no modifications. Two counties in Arizona still test yearly older vehicles back to 1967, but don't care too much about modifications if the numbers are OK.
Post was last edited on Dec 28, 2015 01:12. This post has been edited 1 times.
tgregoryb2000   +1y
Called Weber today. Looks like the K674 32/36 DFEV is the one! Hopefully i can have this baby running perfect in a couple weeks!
tgregoryb2000   +1y
Cusser, Thanks for the weber vs stock insight. I am in Idaho, so weber is the route i am going
Page 1 of 1