threads
Page 1 of 2
General Discussion \  Who IS happy with the new format?

Who IS happy with the new format?

General Discussion
views 3725
replies 10
following 5

geterdun   +1y
I find it so confusing compared to the previous format.
baha   +1y
What's confusing about it specifically? I want to make the site as intuitive as possible but I can only do so much with comments like this sucks or this is confusing.
dirtlord420   +1y
i tried posting a want to buy ad and i dont know if it posted or not.
Cusser   +1y
"I find it so confusing compared to the previous format."

x 10 !!! Very difficult, in many ways that I've already detailed to Baha. Sorry for calling your baby ugly, Baha, but this is way different from all other board set-ups that I've seen....
baha   +1y
Thanks Dirtlord, you didn't post it but I think the take away is that notices need to be more visible for required fields and confirmations.

Hey Cusser,

No need to be sorry man. I'm not sure if I ever come across as harsh but every now and then I need to remind myself to let it go about the work and money put into the site.

I really do appreciate your feedback, I don't always understand your metaphors but I promise to always try :). Your feedback was part of why additional buttons were added to make it easier to find your posts and threads.

I think I've responded to all your feedback that I saw. I don't read every thread you post in so I may just not have seen it. This is the section to post problems if you are having any - http://www.mazdabscene.com/bug

This is where I keep track of issues and post updates so you can see the issues being worked. A link to this section is at the bottom right side of every page.

I could be bias but I think it's pretty cool to have someone willing to add new functionality to the site based on what the people want. Your typical what you would call "board" is some type of forum software like Vbulletin or phpBB etc and if it doesn't have a feature that's it. Sometimes plugins aren't the answer either.
Post was last edited on Oct 28, 2015 10:10. This post has been edited 1 times.
dirtlord420   +1y
i do like how it loads fast and there isn't any advertising. the land rover forums are a nightmare.
SHILAELI HUGGER   +1y
not a huge fan but I was gone during the switch over. I like the old set up better. but the SEARCH function... throw that out the window. don't need to see bout full size diesels when I'm lookin for mazda stuff.
krewzlo   +1y
Hey Baha,

I haven't been checking in on duallyscene in awhile since it was going through changes but after stopping in today, I still see the threads on the homepage are full of mazda stuff and only a few about dually's. I know from talking to others on other sites that they don't look here anymore either because of all the mazda stuff in the dually forums. Any chance it will be separated once again?
baha   +1y
Hey Krewzlo, thanks for posting this, I didn't know this was an issue.

Yeah, I'll get it all separated again, I think I need to get rid of the general discussion section eventually. It's the same across all the sites and intended to be used for generic questions but yeah it's definitely not working out like I hoped.

Hopefully it will all be separated out again by Monday.
baha   +1y
That should be better now.