Page 1 of 2
Build-Ups \  1981 Ford Bronco Build

1981 Ford Bronco Build

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 4570
replies 15
following 12

Cringe   +1y
It's been nearly 10 years since I last worked on the Bronco. The plans are a bit more extreme this time. Last time was just a 2WD F-150 factory front suspension and a spring-under-diff conversion. Now I'm still in the early stages of figuring out how to lay the body on the ground. I need to decide whether to adapt some sort of suspension to the factory frame and channel the body around it, or to build a full custom chassis and keep the body stock. I'm leaning towards keeping the body stock. Here it's sitting on the front crossmember and radius arm brackets, and on jack stands at the back to level it out.
Cringe   +1y
I picked up the front end out of a 1984 Series 3 XJ6 Jaguar to go under the front of the Bronco. There's still plenty of measuring and planning before the next move though.
post photo
post photo
post photo
stillworkin   +1y
Nice, I like the way these look laid out.
22below   +1y
Idk if I have seen one laying body. Let me google it. Will look sick for sure
leydbck   +1y
There was one years ago that had a newer front end on it, I have seen pics of it at shows. I have always liked these Bronco's, my wife wanted me to get one for a while. I would leave the outside as is, tow mirrors, roof rack :)
baha   +1y
I like the stock body idea, have you thought about putting in a Coyote or maybe even a 5.4l?
juicedwagon   +1y
I like where this is heading!
BankruptRam   +1y
I can't wait to see this rollin!
Cringe   +1y
Dummied up 20's
post photo
post photo
post photo
Cringe   +1y
Should I go bigger? Thoughts?