Page 1 of 1
Build-Ups \  Stock Floor Body Drop

Stock Floor Body Drop

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 2612
replies 3
following 3

bfajardo84   +1y
Hey Guys, I have a 91 chevy, single cab, short bed truck. It has a manual transmission and a 4link air ride set up. Im planning on doing a 2.5in stock floor body drop and I'm looking for any pointers on doing this. It's going to be my first time doing a body drop and i need advice on any unforeseen problems that may arise when starting a project like this. I have the entire body off the chassis and i would really like to avoid cutting the tranny tunnel if that
tre5   +1y
I'm not sure the differences in size between the manual trans and the auto trans, but if you go 2.5", you will need to do a small amount of clearancing for the trans (with the auto). You can do a couple tricks to minimize the cuts in the floor though. When you build your new frame, move the body mounts rearward .5"-.75". This will essentially move your engine and trans forward, along with your front suspension (which will better center the wheel in the wheel well when laid out.) Another place this will help is the size of the firewall tubs. The final benefit do doing this when performing the stock floor is it will close up the gap between the bed and cab. If you find you still need to clearance the trans tunnel, you can move the engine and trans forward a bit more by relocating the engine mounts on the frame. Good luck!
bfajardo84   +1y
hey Jeremy Thanks for the advice. do you know anything about one piece front clips?
semperficarclub   +1y
Any updates? Would love to see your progress...
Page 1 of 1