Page 1 of 2
Build-Ups \  1983 Ranger - Stock to Bagged on Beams

1983 Ranger - Stock to Bagged on Beams

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 8573
replies 15
following 5

my1994s10   +1y
I've put the build on rangerpowersports but thought I'd throw it on here too. I did have a 93 bagged 4 door Jimmy but a square body ranger was my dream truck so I found one on craigslist 2 hours away from me so I went and bought it.
post photo
post photo
post photo
my1994s10   +1y
The bed was really rusty so I found a bed for $80 on craigslist 20 miles away and bought the rear drop kit and some 14" chrome smoothies. With the help of a good friend, we shaved the mirrors, ranger emblems, and tailgate handle. Then installed a rollpan.
post photo
post photo
my1994s10   +1y
I got the DJM Ibeams and had to replace the cab corners too and got it all in a white epoxy primer.
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
my1994s10   +1y
I drove it static dropped for a year and of course I needed back on air again so I sold my motorcycle to afford it and had a friend bag it for me.
post photo
post photo
post photo
my1994s10   +1y
Bagged it on beams with shocks. I can't even tell its bagged it rides so good.
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
my1994s10   +1y
While it was getting bagged. We raised the bed floor to hide everything and make it still a functional bed.
post photo
post photo
my1994s10   +1y
So there ya have it. A dependable laid out ranger with stock gas tank. I've got to do some work on the interior and get some bedliner in the bed but overall I can't wait for some shows this year.
post photo
post photo
post photo
my1994s10   +1y
Next purchase is white walls, phantom grill then someday I'll body it and get it painted red. A combination of these two trucks.
post photo
post photo
my1994s10   +1y
Darn I wish we could edit posts. Forgot to put these pics before final ones. I sandblasted the rear frame and painted it with some flat black for now.
post photo
post photo