Page 1 of 2
Build-Ups \  91 Nissan by Jimmy's Rod and Customs

91 Nissan by Jimmy's Rod and Customs

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 1484
replies 10
following 4

Scoobysmak   +1y
Well I have had the truck since 2001 but got discouraged after my motor swap went south around 2004. Needless to say the truck was pretty much in hiding since then due to frustration with it. After my extended sabbatical I was making fairly good progress but Uncle Sam picked my number so progress is now at a much slower pace than before I left in 2012. Once I get the hang of posting pictures I will. I think I have seen it posted somewhere at the moment you can not edit threads, I don't want to trash up my thread trying to post pics right at the start.
cookiemonster13   +1y
I cant wait to see the pics
juicedwagon   +1y
Trash it up, lets see some photos of what you're starting with.
Scoobysmak   +1y
Well if someone can fix the title of my build thread to "91 Nissan by Jimmy's Rod & Customs" it would be appreciated, not sure why I got the extra characters instead of the ( ' ) symbol.

Well to start my thread I will give credit to the truck that motivated me to buy my 91 Nissan Ext Cab. This truck was featured in the April 2001 issue of MT (R.I.P. MT). I would love to know what happened to it.
post photo
Scoobysmak   +1y
Here are a couple of pics when I first got the truck in 2001. I think this was the second week, I had a fear of heights so had to fix that ASAP before I took the photos. A week later it was one of the worst floods they had in years in south FL, go figure. Needless to say I had to take the loooonnnnngggg way home due to the flooding.
post photo
post photo
truck action   +1y
Stay true too your plan & it will come too be!!
Scoobysmak   +1y
After ordering a few parts and getting a few friends together the first modifications came about. I got a set of Eagle Alloy 17X8" billet rims; a new front end that included the toyota bumper, billet grill, newer hood and 4x4 fenders. The rear got a roll pan and tailgate skin. The antenna mount got shaved with the new front fenders. I had also removed the stock sticker graphics, that was a royal pain.
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
Scoobysmak   +1y
The next few modifications I do not have pictures of but I put on checkmate bed cover and then grafted in 4x4 front fenders in the bed sides. I probably drove it like that for at least a year but eventually got harassed enough for having at least 5 different colors that I got a primer/sealer put on the entire truck to make it one color. Unfortunately this color was tan (not a fan of tan), it was the only primer/sealer that they carried at the time but like 6 months later I could have gotten it almost any color. I knew this wasn't the final paint job so it got to me a little but overall not a big deal.
Scoobysmak   +1y
Shortly after I got it in one color, several things happened at once. I choose to juice the truck. I ran a 2 pump CCE setup. This required a Toyota axle so I did a complete five lug swap and got a set of ADR sterling 20x8.5 chrome wheels to go with it. After a hard drive crash a few years back these are the best pictures I have of the setup I was running, yep the truck was dirty when these were taken. I had also changed out batteries to something smaller. I wanted to make sure these batteries wouldn't have any problems before I changed the battery rack out permanently.
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
Scoobysmak   +1y
This is how the truck looked on the outside, I was pretty happy at this point once I got most of the bugs out of the hydro setup.

The problems I got running juice: The first night I had the truck back I blew a line right out of the prefabricated fitting from CCE. Two weeks later i had a dump valve start squirting oil everywhere. About a two months later I got a leak out of the sidewall of a cylinder (this totally shocked me and everyone else including CCE, I had a picture of it for proof but think its in memory heaven with quite a few other photos). I did get all but the prefabricated line replaced for shipping cost only. After all these problems I still enjoyed my setup, just carried a few spare parts everywhere (AKA the tool box in the bed).
post photo