Page 2 of 4
Off-topic \  Still dead in here?

Still dead in here?

Off-topic General Discussions
views 4059
replies 33
following 20

guiltybydesign   +1y
Ive been finding myself spending less and less time on social media. Lately all its been is "go team" or "look at my dinner" or "screw Obama" The amount of time I spend filtering through crap and finding what people are doing to their rides is more than actually looking at something I want to. I hit up this site and post when I can, I also try to frequent minitrucker.org and the vehicle specific sites like GMFS and duallyscene. I also think with winter setting in youll see a lot of people getting back into the garage and posting progress.
BSGcustoms   +1y
I agree that it would be awesome to see this forum back up and bustling again. I have the same complaint with social media and would love to be able to avoid it altogether and just come to sites like this one to see everyones projects and updates.
GraphicDisorder   +1y
Vehicle specific sites have taken over as far as where to find your info/issue about a problem or how to with your specific model. Of course short of air suspension and heavy body mods and such like that.

SSM honestly looks better now, but as noted by a few above feels empty still. I think it's lacking on new content, new users, and it's just not complete. SSM still has a opportunity to be something amazing. Im one of the few that hold on to that for whatever reason. I don't know the exact formula to make that happen, but I do know it's sort of more more more than we are looking at right here.
guiltybydesign   +1y
With time SSM will be back. Robert is busy so im sure even he isn't happy with where it is but I guess we can help out as well by posting links or just directing traffic here. Id like to see the big shops posting progress in their own forum sections, people posting their scale models up, even mabey see SSM put together some articles on iconic trucks kinda like a "where are they now thing.
truck action   +1y
It will be back in great form & busy like when I first came aboard !!
I still have my last show to post up ,so will get up soon!!
CCtuckinlexaniz   +1y
good times on this site!
leydbck   +1y
Yup, This site used to be my default home page. Even though it isn't anymore, I still check it daily. I should get off my ass and post pics of my Super Beetle build. It is going slow but I do something with it almost everyday.
truck action   +1y
Still here & always will be!!!
Scoobysmak   +1y
It was my default homepage as well, this is also the site I used most to find out about up coming shows. Now I call a few friends with FB since I don't care to join social media.

I have thought about posting my build in a thread but not sure if I already did it or not. I don't think my build progress is the same thing. I tried running a search for any post I might have started. I didn't find anything but I might not have searched the right stuff, honestly don't know what it searched. I don't want to duplicate myself since I doubt I could edit it and remove it later if it was a repeat.

I am glad this site is still around but in my opinion, it does need a face lift. All in due time I guess.

truck action   +1y
This does not apply to the subject Dead Here,but does apply to the site. I took the time to throw up my coverage of the first big show in Nor Cal, Sacramento Auto Rama, & I don't see it in coverage? It's been a week or more ,waiting for approval or what? And on the same subject , failed up loads happen, & when I reload the failed photo,it will double post it & also it makes the up load out of order,is there a way to correct that?