Page 1 of 1
Air Ride Suspensions \  I keep blowing fuses

I keep blowing fuses

Air Ride Suspensions Q & A
views 2578
replies 6
following 5

natesbizzz   +1y
Not sure why this is happening but I keep blowing the fuse that runs to my battery from my compressors,Can anyone lead me in the right direction on what I should check? I am running a 8g wire right now.
truck action   +1y
If you are running relays,one for each compressor, try pulling one @ a time to isolate the compressors from one another! Or disconnect one compressor @ a time to see if one or both are where the problem is!!
cookiemonster13   +1y
there is a chance of your pressure switch is dead or the compressor is dying. as Gary said check them one at a time. what size fuse, relays, and compressors?
flnole78   +1y
If I remember reading one time the leader hose on the compressor could be bad causing the comp to over work and blow the fuse.
http://www.streetsource.com/Groups/9/Topic/68216
DalyDrgr   +1y
Do they blow when you put a new fuse in (bad wire), or does it not blow until the compressors kick on (bad check valve)? Also, what Compressors and how large a fuse?

I just replaced my check valves because of this issue last week. Quite honestly, its a very common occurrence on Viairs (their pressure switches suck, no offense).
natesbizzz   +1y
yah the valves were the problem I got new ones and i'm good to go. thanks everyone for the help!
natesbizzz   +1y
oh yah I also has a bad fuse holder running to the battery from the compressors. its pushing 2 viair 380's, it was blowing 100amp fuse like nothing.
Page 1 of 1