Page 2 of 4
Mini Truckin General \  Ok, its time to go F yourself

Ok, its time to go F yourself

Mini Truckin General General Discussions
views 2055
replies 30
following 25

VB0243   +1y
Also can someone tell me how Facebook ruined this site? I dont do Facebook so I dont know how you would search and find a build thread.
22below   +1y
Jeremy Rice, you sir will go down in my book as one of the best self promoters in internet history. Always enjoyed your comments on here. You take the time t build cool stuff and still go to a dozen websites to post it, that takes time, and you did a fantastic job. So yea there were quite a few people who stuck around here, but a lot just left....

jeebus @ mmw   +1y
Brad, name a few that just left in your opinion....
flntroc   +1y
Facebook hasn't killed this site, but even the people that run the site don't post on here. Instead they post on Facebook so you have to check the streetsource group there in order to get info. I think of the new site as Conan O'Brien and his stint on the Tonight Show, it was poorly recieved by most viewers and now it's being cancelled before it can fully be given the chance to get people cozy with it. As for the site, I don't think it's about the money since they knew that they were not going to charge users and that they were going to foot the bill for at least a few months. I personally think that Kris just had enough with the complaining on something he invested so much time into. Most of us die hards visit more then the people running the site, I personally had to post on the Facebook page/private message when my posts on this site had gone unanswered for days from the mods. I hope that they would be willing to turn the site over to someone else but honestly don't think any of us minitruckers have the know how to create the site like Kris does. I thought Bob owned this site and Kris just came back to lend a hand but maybe Kris owns part or all of it now. If you have Facebook, message Bob and tell him you want him to sell the site to someone who will keep it going and maybe we can make it happen
22below   +1y
If I remember correctly the little shop of horrors did a lot here and then left. When it comes to people, renny, uncle fester. Her name is frank, I forget who the shop was for that....
flntroc   +1y
Her name is frank was Seth @ Twisted Minis. He sold the frame and engine and sent the body to recycling. But yeah he doesn't post much of anything of his work anymore but sometimes will post it to Facebook
truck action   +1y
Seth let the Twisted Minis site go as well!!
truck action   +1y
We the people who visit this site daily, post all of our build photos & all show photo's are the ones getting FUCKED with this shut down!!
renny   +1y
thanks Brad
SSM-Webmaster   +1y
I thank u guys for your kind words and I wish I could keep it going. But It is VERY emotionally draining for me. I get overly passionate about my work and I think some things I did in the past have permanently ruined ssm. When Garrick and I had our falling out, my divorce, etc etc. Each time I came back with added motivation but was met with angry opposition. The trash talking hateful Minitrucker mentality is actually what killed ssm. It takes a lot of passion to build and maintain a site like this for virtually nothing (it never really made much money). But with that passion comes a need for support. That support was gone years ago. Nothing I did would get it back. To much crap. To much stress. I cried when I made the choice to pull the plug. But untill people will fight for it and stand up to the haters, a site like this will never work. It's just not worth it.

One more thing... I got alot of people saying they didn't like the new site, or they liked the old one better... but there were a ton of complaints about the old one.. so i scratch my head.. Also, i was pulling my hair out trying to figure out what about the new site people didn't like.. But it seemed it was just bashing in a way that told me that they didn't really care, just an attack. Maybe i am sensitive but i am passionate and having this level of hateful criticism was just to much for me. Not something i want to deal with for free. Im sure you would understand if you were in my shoes.. I hope anyway..