Page 1 of 4
Mini Truckin General \  Ok, its time to go F yourself

Ok, its time to go F yourself

Mini Truckin General General Discussions
views 2041
replies 30
following 25

22below   +1y
Doing a lot of thinking today about the website I really loved closing its doors. The one thing I never wanted to do was be the guy that finished a truck, got it featured and then disappeared.
22below   +1y
I saw that time and time again over the years. This website helped promote your build, give you feedback and then you just leave. I wanted to be the guy that had a truck featured and stuck around motivating the new guys to get their truck done.
22below   +1y
So this guys to my next point. I think we all see that SSM struggled these past few years. But where is everyone who SSM helped to help them out???? I remember countless shops that got bigger because of SSM. So now are they no longer? OR did they just abandon ship after they got what they needed out of the site? So I guess I am saying that they didn't return the favor of lifting up SSM when they possibly could have....
Siktown   +1y
It needs to continue, be nice if he would just past the torch and let somebody else give it a shot before just shutting it down all together.
truck action   +1y
I was motivated to build my truck by what I saw & read on this site ,was featured in Mini Truckin', & keep making changes to this day. Show it at every show open to all classes every year. All the while visiting this site daily & will to the end!!
CamberOz   +1y
as someone who used to pay to view/use this site. I stopped when the admins abandoned ship. let us not forget Kirs has flaked on this site more times than can be counted on your hands and feet. so don't blame the shop owners when the people that ran the site could not be counted on.
tre5   +1y
I am sure SSM helped grow my business. I tried to help SSM in return. I was a paying member, and I sponsored the hydraulic forum. I also think that while it was helping put my name out there, I was also helping people with their own projects. Just as some of the other people who posted pics helped me. It is a community, and although not every single one of us got along, we all learned from each other.
I have some what gotten over SSM since the remake. I tried to comment on the threads asking how we felt about it. I posted up some constructive criticism, not just "I hate it" like some people did. I never got any feedback on my comments though. There are plenty of forums out there that are more make or model specific, and they are doing fine. I know that social media has taken over the WWW, but forums aren't dead. I'd be happy to see SSM stay around, but the previous version was better IMO. It'll be a shame to see it go. There is a whole encyclopedia of builds on here and it would suck to loose it all.
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
LOL! I used SSM to help grow my business, absolutely. I also paid for a lifetime membership, I also gave away free product to the site for raffles. I also posted up pictures every fucking day, and participated in the site every fucking day.

Where were the people who ran the site during that time? Where were the leaders? Where were the moderators?

The small businesses that posted on this site every day, updating threads, giving assistance, advice to people , answering questions in threads, posting detailed pictures of how-to articles.... those are reasons people come to the site. As a whole, people like that stuff, they want to see what people and shops are building, and i did my absolute best to update this site daily, with pictures, and info. I did it like that for a couple years, then the neglect of the site took over, Spam, absent moderators, and it became evident that the nobody cared about the site.

I promise you this, if all the small businesses and shop owners that have posted pictures shared info, and insight on projects, and products, were to never had done it, more than half the content of the site would not be here, plain and simple.

laidoutvideo   +1y
i paid for a lifetime membership as well, i've been on this site since 2007. Never used the site to promote my shop or anything. but i enjoyed posted up progress of my builds (Bridgett & other Fiction Fab builds). but i remember back when i joined people would leave more feedback. now people dont comment, i would watch my thread get 3k views before one person would comment "Looks good". but when i go over to forums like s10forum.com it's alot more active. tighter group of people. i still have visited the site daily, always checking out builds. i was making an effort to adjust my build threads to fit this new timeline style setup. the site now is definitely more confusing. but it is new. i think that you have to let it run and improve on things for more than a couple months. but to shut it down so quick seems like people arent even going to get time to give it a chance. it's not working flawlessly, which makes people frustrated when trying to upload coverage or update their thread. i like the idea of uploading the old website back, it wasn't perfect but all of us knew exactly how to navigate and operate the damn thing. and we really just need to rally people back to the site and really start pushing it on facebook to promote mini truckers to come back to SSM. dont try to replicate a copy of facebook, let facebook be what it is and let SSM be what it has always been. people will come back around. i think some changes could've been good but too many were done all at once.
VB0243   +1y
Jeremy Rice from Tre5 said it all, somebody is willing to make this site great again. Hell I have been saving money for over 2 years to have my build soon to be done by Tre5 on this site.