threads
Page 1 of 1
Air Ride Suspensions \  System Design (line routing)

System Design (line routing)

Air Ride Suspensions Q & A
views 612
replies 6
following 4

maxpat82   +1y
I pretty much always see all the line comming out of the tank to the valve(near the tank in the back) and then the lines up to the bag. Is there any pro's and con's to have the valve close to the bags (speed, air leak?). With an EDC, is there any downside to T off every corner line from the main line that goes to the air tank at the back of the truck? all line would be in 3/8. Thanks
flnole78   +1y
Why would you T off the EDC line to the tank? Adding Tee's isn't going to make your fill times any quicker.
As for the valves, You will get a little bit quicker lift if you are closer to the bag, it's not going to really make any difference where the valve is as far as leaks go bc you will still have the same amount of connections/fittings which is usually where a leak occurs. Most of the time you see the valves located in the back of the vehicle is due to room/ a cleaner look.
maxpat82   +1y
I'm talking about one single line from the EDC to the tank. From that line install T for every corner.
EDC---T to front right----T to front left----T to rear left ---T to rear right ----tank--2nd tank.
Mainly cause there's space in front for the valve, and I wouldn't dislike not having to run 3 line front to back (EDC, front right, front left)
flnole78   +1y
That would work as long as the EDC goes to the tank before the t's
maxpat82   +1y
Was planning to run T before tank. I'll run seperate line then.
Thanks
NtotheIZZATEDOG   +1y
Hey Patrick, you can run it the way you were originally planning. You are correct, it will work that way.... AND, if you need the speed of a traditional dedicated-line-per-bag set up, just run a larger than usual main line to make up for it. Only downside I see is the larger line can be more difficult to run, but with proper planning isn't much to overcome.
maxpat82   +1y
Great!! :D will give it some more thought and decide. the project is for next winter...doing some preparation(EDC, tanks, front tubs, lines) over the summer.
I thought about doing the mainline a 1/2".but the 3/8 should be enough.
I'm not looking for a super fast system anyways.
Thanks!
Page 1 of 1