Page 1 of 1
Mazda Trucks \  bodydrop ?

bodydrop ?

Mazda Trucks Make Specific
views 1187
replies 7
following 6

jealousonezenvy   +1y
Can i just channel the cab when i do my body drop? I have a blow through on my std cab so i wont be able to cut the 3'' section in the back and along the floor. I could keep it simple and do the channel. Its on 2 1/2 to lay body. Im cuttin the pinch off.
jasondragthatshit   +1y
I can see no reason not to mine has a traditional wish I would have tried the channel.
jaredmxg   +1y
You will also have to raise your trany tunnel, drive shaft and most likely exhaust. you my as well do a traditional and redo the rear half of the cab, to accommodate that blow threw.
flnole78   +1y
If you have an s10, you can just raise the floor up to the part that drops down in the back. But you will still have to deal with the trans tunnel and either raise the blow through or redo it to accommodate the tunnel.
LaynRockers   +1y
yes you can channel the cab. Doesn't take that much to lay out a mazda anyways. There is no way I would do a traditional in todays times, no reason to lose the floor space. you won't have to do much behind the front seats if it is a xcab. Standard cab will run the lenth but won't me alot. Move the body mounts down to gain some, and tranny/driveshaft tunnel will have to be moved up some but not much.
jealousonezenvy   +1y
Thanks for the input ill decide what i should do.. When you do a body drop does it put tension the steering coulmn or anything?
tukn18saccord   +1y
you wont be able to do a correct body drop with a blow thru in the cab. you will have to shrink the size of that hole for your drive shaft. your bed floor will not match the hole anymore either.
jealousonezenvy   +1y
Ive looked it over and Im about 100% sure I can make it work. Im custom so Ill do it away thats one of a kind. No truck is alike if its built by your dreams
Page 1 of 1