Page 1 of 2
Mazda Trucks \  Setting Pinion Angle on B2200

Setting Pinion Angle on B2200

Mazda Trucks Make Specific
views 3460
replies 12
following 9

Rob Clayhill   +1y
Anybody here know the correct angle the pinion should be set at on a bagged B2200? I'm getting ready to 4link our truck and need to know.
Rob Clayhill   +1y
Bump. Somebody's gotta know!
laynwindows   +1y
0 to -5 deegrees
dropitforme   +1y
Edited: 12/13/2012 9:48:16 PM by abomb

On a two piece driveline you want the pinion set equal and opposite, at ride height, to the first half of the driveline . So if your first driveline is going at a 3 degree angle down toward the carrier bearing the pinion should face up 3 degrees.
Rob Clayhill   +1y
Exactly where would I set the angle finder to find the angle on the first drive shaft (engine side) and then where would I place the angle finder on the second shaft (axle side)?
dropitforme   +1y
Edited: 12/13/2012 11:55:03 PM by abomb

Hang your magnetic angle finder from the bottom of your first driveline. It should read somewhere between 2 and 5 degrees pointed down. Now take the magnetic angle finder and attach it to the flange your driveline bolts to on the rear end. If the flange is pointed straight forward the finder will read 90 degrees, now tilt the flange upward till the finder reads x degrees to the left of 90 degrees. X being the degree reading you got off the first shaft. Make sure to set it at ride height. Hopefully that makes sense I'm better at fabbin' then writing.
Rob Clayhill   +1y
Thanks for the information, It makes perfect sense and was exactly what I needed to know.
dropitforme   +1y
Glad i could help
Rob Clayhill   +1y
Got another question regarding the instant center.
The lower link bars are suggested to be paralell with the ground at ride height, but if they are set truely paralell with the ground then it seems to me that the bars would intersect lower than the bumper... are you guys pointing the lower bars slightly upward to compensate for this or is it commonly overlooked?
flnole78   +1y
You want them to intersect at the bumper as viewed from the side. So you keep the lowers parallel to the ground at ride height then you angle the uppers down to where the intersection is at the same point as the bumper. You don't worry about the height of the bumper. See if this drawing helps at all.

post photo