threads
Page 1 of 1
Chevy/GMC Trucks \  Can't find where the squealing is coming from on 04 Silverado?

Can't find where the squealing is coming from on 04 Silverado?

Chevy/GMC Trucks Make Specific
views 517
replies 1
following 2

Ozkorpyon   +1y
Edited: 12/5/2012 7:49:14 AM by Ozkorpyon

Hey guys,

I'm needing help again. My 2004 V8 5.3L Silverado has been making a squealing noise lately and I can't seem to find it. It's extremely irritating. I'm not too sure how long it's been going on, but I just noticed it last week Thursday when I turned off the radio.

Since I noticed it, I can't stop hearing it and it seems to definitely be coming from the engine compartment. It happens when I turn on the truck, when I'm idling and it speeds up when I accelerate, and seems to almost completely stop when I apply the brakes, until I come to a complete stop and begin idling again. *Update* On my way to work this morning, I'm noticing that it actually stops squealing completely sometimes when I've come to a complete stop and idling.

Saturday I removed the serpentine belt and inspected it, but it is in surprisingly good condition. I may just go ahead and change it anyways, but I wanted to try and pinpoint the source of the problem as opposed to just buying different parts and hoping to get it right, as I already did with buying and replacing the tensioner pulley. When I removed the belt, I inspected the pulleys and notice the tensioner pulley was a little loose and seemed to wiggle a little, so figured it need replacing regardless and hoped it would also be the culprit of the noise.

Any other ideas or other common pulleys that may be the reason for the noise? It is one of those noises that now that I know it's there, it is all I can hear!!
rolnlowdotcom   +1y
I would say its time to body drop it your truck is mad because its not layn rocker.
Page 1 of 1