Page 1 of 1
Chevy/GMC Trucks \  brake or trans problem?? please help

brake or trans problem?? please help

Chevy/GMC Trucks Make Specific
views 465
replies 2
following 2

offthewall   +1y
Alright, I'm strongly assuming this is a brake issue because it started as soon as I changed both front pads on my 2000 Jimmy... took the car for a test drive around the block and after a couple stops, the car did not want to take off right away when gas was applied and felt like it was sticking/sluggish...

Figured it was the caliper pistons sticking so went out and bought brand new calipers with new pins (everything greased)... another test drive and it's still doing it! Put the car in Drive and it has no reaction and feels extremely sluggish and held back... but is completely fine in reverse... ALSO, what I found strange was that it reacts a little better in gears 1, 2, and 3 (still sluggish though). but when in drive it's the worst...

I've tried to search and search for this issue on the internet and can only find people recommending new hoses (which i still need), and calipers. Car was driving COMPLETELY normal and was peppy and reacted fine in all gears...

Any ideas what this is???? It's annoying.
domer   +1y
did you engage your ebrake while working on the front end?? i did that with my 1997 chevy 3500 and the ebrake stuck on one wheel.. it would be really hard to go forward but reverse worked fine.. jack up the rear wheels and put it in neutral and see if you can spin them
offthewall   +1y
Nah the E brake wasn't engaged, I thought it might've been, but it's looking like a tranny problem now, which I was hoping it wasnt... Drive and gear 3 don't want to catch, but will shift into 3rd when doing it manually... and doesnt come out of 3rd. So i'm still confused as to why this happened after doing the brake pads. I'm ready to burn this thing down now...
Page 1 of 1