Page 1 of 1
Air Ride Suspensions \  Rear End Setup

Rear End Setup

Air Ride Suspensions Q & A
views 828
replies 4
following 3

layinlow22s   +1y
Im trying to find pictures of this frontiers rear end setup. I know its a C4 IRS. I ned multiple angles to see how its been setup. not trying to copy just to get ideas on how to do my IRS swap.
xinsertnamex   +1y
Depending on what your putting the c4 rearend in id stay away from it. I installed one in a s-10 and due to having it narrowed so much to fit the truck (8" i believe)the usable travel of the rear with adjustable suspension was effected dramatically only getting around 7.5" before the ujoints would bind. Check into the t-bird irs ive never personally used one but heard great things about them.
juicedwagon   +1y
if you find photos on that truck to go by make sure it is after it was rebuilt and painter silver.

I agree with the Thunderbird comment, that or one out of a Toyota supra. They are a uneven arm design kinda like front suspensions and the Thunderbird has all bushings, no balljoints to worry about binding, just the axle. Thunderbirds are all over the yards and are the same as the Lincoln mark VIII in design but the Lincoln has a aluminum center housing. Good luck with whatever you choose. It's nice to see people still interested in irs setups and not just the easiest way to lay something out.
layinlow22s   +1y
yeah im putting it is a nissan hardbody. it will only have to be narrowed 4 inches for my truck to lay 22s. it is already layed out on a narrowed rear end but was enough and the tires still hit the bedsides and wont lay the body and frame. so im just going thru the entire truck and redoing it.
layinlow22s   +1y
considering switching to the thunderbird rear end. there are a few in the yard new here and im gunna go check it out. it wont be hard to get rid of the rear end i have.

thank xinsertnamex and juicedwagon
Page 1 of 1